in june 2010, our lives got turned upside down in the best possible way: the birth of our awesome kiddo, john. in october 2013, brother charlie charged into our life to change the status quo again. and june 2016 brought us brother ben to round out our trio.

i'm proud to have "mom" at the top of the list of titles on my resume, but i'm also still a hard-working professional. how does a working mom juggle work and family? ride along with me and see if i can figure it out!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

mommy, you happy?

my breakfast companion
the evening after my wallow-at-home-eating-ice-cream day last week (when we found out about the miscarriage), john could tell i wasn't quite myself. 

he sat down next to me on the couch and said, "mommy, you sad?"

"yes, baby. mommy's sad. can mommy have a kiss?"

john planted a big kiss on my cheek. i said, "now mommy's happy because she has her john."

and nearly once a day ever since, john has said, "mommy not sad. you happy! you have your john!"

i am awed by the wisdom of this kiddo.



No comments: