in june 2010, our lives got turned upside down in the best possible way: the birth of our awesome kiddo, john. in october 2013, brother charlie charged into our life to change the status quo again. and june 2016 brought us brother ben to round out our trio.

i'm proud to have "mom" at the top of the list of titles on my resume, but i'm also still a hard-working professional. how does a working mom juggle work and family? ride along with me and see if i can figure it out!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

strange conversations

look! he's (half) dressed!
this morning when john woke up, i whisked him into the bathroom so he could go pee pee in the potty. (that's still never happened, but one of these times he's going to accidentally go while he sits there and boy what a potty party that will be!)

we've been talking lately about how when he sits on the potty, he needs to make sure his penis is pointing down. (hey, mommy does NOT want to get peed on.)

so he leaned forward a little and said, "i point my penis down, mommy!" and he was oh so proud.

"great job, baby," i said. "that's good work. can you go pee pee now?"

and he looked at me as i leaned against the counter, and he pointed to my crotch. "your penis in there, mommy?"

i said, "no, baby, mommy is a girl. girls don't have penises."

he looked at me curiously and said, "your booty in there?"

and i pointed at my rear end and said, "yep, my booty is in there."

and he looked at me curiously again, the wheels spinning. and finally he said, "but no penis?"

sorry to disappoint, son. still no penis.

*   *   *

it was all i could do not to laugh hysterically at his earnest questions.

No comments: