in june 2010, our lives got turned upside down in the best possible way: the birth of our awesome kiddo, john. in october 2013, brother charlie charged into our life to change the status quo again. and june 2016 brought us brother ben to round out our trio.

i'm proud to have "mom" at the top of the list of titles on my resume, but i'm also still a hard-working professional. how does a working mom juggle work and family? ride along with me and see if i can figure it out!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

we don't need no stinkin' sleep

"dang, son. mama ran hard this
afternoon. thanks for coming with me."
"didn't look so hard to me, mama. i think
you could have gone faster and we'd have
made it home to my juice sooner."
yesterday i managed to get a good run in after work, before the storms showed up. but i guess it's thunderstorm season. and this season, they seem to be coming all at night. 

used to be i loved a good night-time thunderstorm. sure, it might wake me up, but i'd listen to the thunder and see the lightning play through the curtains, and i'd hear the rain on the roof, and i'd sleep peacefully. occasionally another big boom would startle me, but only for a moment.

nowadays all that has changed. not because of john - he slept like the proverbial baby through the whole thing.

no, this is the culprit:
why yes, this IS a new thundershirt.
thanks for noticing.
poor wussy buddy. he did much better last night than in previous stormy nights, in part because of the thunder shirt and in part because of the benadryl i slipped him when i knew it was going to get stormy. but he still spent the night going between quaking at my bedside and hiding between my blanket chest and my nightstand in the corner of the room.

thank goodness for the thundershirt ... if you have a dog who is nervous about anything, i can't recommend it any more strongly. it makes a huge difference. and he DOES look sharp wearing it doesn't he?

No comments: