in june 2010, our lives got turned upside down in the best possible way: the birth of our awesome kiddo, john. in october 2013, brother charlie charged into our life to change the status quo again. and june 2016 brought us brother ben to round out our trio.

i'm proud to have "mom" at the top of the list of titles on my resume, but i'm also still a hard-working professional. how does a working mom juggle work and family? ride along with me and see if i can figure it out!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

i won't pretend to catch up

hi. i am john's mom. you may remember me from such charming anectdotes as "pumping in the janitor's closet" and "letting my son scream himself to sleep ... again."

i don't know where time has gone, and i'm not going to write an annoying catch-up post. that wouldn't be charming at all!

instead, how about a few catch-up pictures?

sleepy baby this morning who only wanted kisses.
i won't pretend that bothered me. tho i was late for work.

yesterday we were slightly less sleepy and in a slightly better
mood. i confess i was still late for work.


this is john in his 1970s-era lollipop leisure suit.
he wore it yesterday. it used to be his daddy's.
the only thing funnier is when john wears it and
dances as i sing the lollipop song. which -
surprise - makes me late for work.

notice a running theme here? perhaps i should wake up earlier tomorrow ... i might make it to work on time ... and i might even have time to tell you about john "napping" in the laundry basket while i played my cello this weekend.

here is my new challenge to myself, beginning tomorrow: a daily picture of my little kookaburra, WITH commentary, every day for 30 days. think i can do it???


No comments: