in june 2010, our lives got turned upside down in the best possible way: the birth of our awesome kiddo, john. in october 2013, brother charlie charged into our life to change the status quo again. and june 2016 brought us brother ben to round out our trio.

i'm proud to have "mom" at the top of the list of titles on my resume, but i'm also still a hard-working professional. how does a working mom juggle work and family? ride along with me and see if i can figure it out!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

candy on you face

look at my messy makeup ... i promise i will pay this off in a minute.
john has been playing a very mysterious (to me) game lately. he will reach down with his fingers as though he were picking up something small and skinny, touch my face, and say, "you want candy on you face mommy?"

nearly every day, he would play this game. and i just couldn't figure it out. why would i want candy on my face? and when i tried to "eat" the "candy," he said, "eeeww yukky, mama! don't eat that candy!"

until finally, two nights ago when we were getting ready for bed, he added something new. after putting candy on my face for several minutes, he said, "you look pretty, mommy! you beautiful!"

and the next morning, he came into the bathroom while i was doing my makeup, and he said with glee, "you put candy on you face, mommy!"

so. i guess to the two-year-old eye, all those colors DO look like candy. i was getting my very own imaginary makeover all this time, and i had no idea! i guess i am just lucky he realizes that this "candy" isn't good to eat ...

No comments: